Date Posted: March 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 159824
MACHINE OPERATOR - IMMEDIATE OPENINGS - TEMP TO HIRE
After 90 day temporary to hire period, benefits include:
- Medical and dental
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Wellness program
- Life insurance
- Educational assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts with key suppliers - cars, computers, appliances and more
- Parental leave
Fortune 100 company looking for Extruder Operators
Candidate must be able to:
- Operate and monitor the production of quality blown and stretched film according to internal product type specifications and customer profiles.
- Work with efficiency and compliance, following safety rules and regulations for self and coworkers.
- Assure compliance with company and industry rules, general orders, and instructions.
- Understand written and/or verbal job information in English.
- Receive, understand, and comply with verbal and/or written instructions by lead man and/or supervisor
- Read and understand work orders, posted bulletins, rule books, regulations, procedures, and safety signs
- Record data on forms
- Record all pertinent information on roll label with marker. Item number to be placed on each end of roll
- Effective communication with lead man/supervisor and coworkers
- Numerical Skills
- Basic knowledge of addition and subtraction
- Figure and plot basis weights
- Calculate and enter roll data on appropriate form
- Weigh stretch roll
- Use and read a tape measure
- Must be able to learn to operate extruders and computer keyboard literacy
- Must be able to learn to operate spiral cutter monitors and controls, electrical hoist
- Properly use the following tools: measuring tape, knife, air line, and wrenches.
Perform Physical Activities:
- Must be able to exert muscular strength sufficient to occasionally push/pull 120 lbs. and lift/carry 60 lbs. to a 5 ½ foot level
- Push /pull 80 lbs. and lift/carry 60 lbs. to a 5 ½; 84” metal ends – 85 lbs; winder L – 241”; 75 lbs – 90” core;
- Pull 120 lbs and carry/lift 30 lbs while climbing up 12, 12-inch steps
- Reach to a 75 inch level
- Cut cores using core cutter
- Remain standing for over a half work shift with the opportunity to change positions
- Frequently climb stairs to monitor film production; and routinely climb vertical ladders when manufacturing the film, and occasionally crawl and balance.
Work is constantly performed in-doors on concrete floors involving extreme temperatures, safety shoes required; must be able to climb and work infrequently at elevations more than 20 feet; work is under noise level requiring the use of ear plugs
Job schedule environment:
Must be willing to work all shifts
Must be willing to perform job functions following set safety procedures