Date Posted: December 5, 2017
Job ID: 163056
(1) Repair machinery or mechanical equipment using hand, power, and pneumatic tools.
(2) Assist in fabrication and installation of new equipment.
(3) Work with efficiency and compliance, following safety rules and regulations for self and coworkers.
(4) Assure compliance with company and industry rules, general orders, and instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
(1) Maintains and repairs all plant machinery and installs new manufactured parts
(2) Operate all machinery in shop including lathes and mills and performs carpentry, pipefitting, painting, plumbing and welding.
(3) Use hand, power, and pneumatic tools skillfully
(4) Practice safe work habits
Requires 2 years practical experience and training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience
Receive, understand, and comply with verbal and/or written instructions by supervisor
Read / understand work instructions, prints, labels, posted bulletins, rulebooks, regulations, procedures, safety signs
Record daily time
Effective communication with supervisor and coworkers
Basic knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and geometry
Use micrometers, scales, levels, and tapes
Enter work orders and parts data into computer via bar code scanner and manual data keyboard entry
Assist with precision assembly and alignment of new and relocated machinery
Operate hand, power, and pneumatic tools
Perform layout work, welding, and torch cutting from prints and oral instructions
Perform carpentry duties as specified by supervisor
Perform pipefitting and plumbing duties as specified by supervisor
May require accredited welding license or certification
Must be able to work in a team environment, which requires cooperating with others, offering help when needed, and maintaining positive working relationships with coworkers and supervisors
Must be able to trace problems on machines using accepted maintenance procedures and techniques
Must be able to anticipate, evaluate, and consider the consequences of various actions.
Must be able to read digital screens, and meters, and trace machinery problems by sight.
Must be willing to work all shifts