Date Posted: August 22, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 177139
Warehouse -Ft Lauderdale $10
Receives, unpacks, checks, and stores merchandise or materials. Fills requisitions and orders. Packs, crates, and ships products and materials to distribution center, departments, or assembly line. May operate forklift, pallet jack (manual or electric). Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning the layout of the warehouse, and the other storeroom areas, in accordance with the turnover, volume, weight, and associated aspects of goods stored.
- Maintaining all warehouse inventory and records.
- Coordinating the activities of the warehouse staff and supervising the subordinates.
- Responsible for receiving, recording, issuing, and transporting the goods and supplies from the warehouse.
- Ensuring to meet all safety and storage regularities for housing of the goods and supplies.
- Completing all necessary documentation and legal formalities relating to the goods.
- Assisting in making inventory reports for evaluations and working under the direction of a supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to systematize efficiently storage related functions and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to take orders, meet targets and work efficiently under a supervising authority