Date Posted: September 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 204175
Pridestaff is looking for an Administrative Assistant!
Pay will depend on experience
Under the direct supervision of the vice president this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the vice president and department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the vice president.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the vice president and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the vice president. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers phones for vice president and marketing department. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other system development assistants to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and chiefs. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the vice president, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Coordinates division of workload with the administrative assistant in community relations.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supports market data analyst in maintenance of the department finances. Activities include: copying check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.