Salary: $15/HR DOE
Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job ID: 226548
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the day-today administration of the mortgage loan process.
• Conduct pre-approvals and loan assessments.
• Keeps updated with current and upcoming loan products and loan guidelines.
• Reviews residential loan application files to verify that application data is complete and meets company standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment; in some cases, recommends a loan application not be sent to Underwriting.
• Prepares necessary documents and submits mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval.
• Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
• Submits conditions to Underwriter to clear loan for approval.
• Follows up on all outstanding orders to third parties and borrowers within established company deadlines.
• Calls or writes credit bureau, employer for verification of employment, (VOE) and any other third party necessary to verify the accuracy of information.
• Minimum of two years of recent experience in processing mortgage loans.
• Able to structure a loan.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a pipeline of at least 25 loans.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Strong working knowledge of Automated Underwriting systems LP/DU, current loan programs and government programs (VA, FHA).
• Proficiency with related software. If no knowledge, ability to adapt and comprehend is required.
• Courtesy, customer service, effective communication and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
• Basic word processing and computer skills are required.
• NMLS preferred but not required.