Date Posted: July 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 245233
Perform routine and repetitive assembly operation and processes in the production of our client’s optics utilizing drawings, diagrams and written instructions. May utilize standard shop hand and power tools where set-up is easily achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect component parts for contamination or damage.
- Manipulate and install small parts and pieces to assemble sub-assemblies and components parts into finished product in accordance with established procedures.
- Use common and specialized hand tools and assembly fixtures including items such as torque wrenches, comparators, water tester, and nitrogen filler.
- Operate grease and or glue dispensers per work instructions and change grease brushes sand fixtures as needed.
- Check for defects using specification and work instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school Diploma, GED or equivalent and 3-6 months of related assembly experience.
- Ability to manipulate small parts into clean assemblies.
- Demonstrate ability to clean lenses and assemble sub-assemblies.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written instructions.
- Ability to correctly fill out data sheets and perform simple math calculations.
- Ability to work effectively with all team members, work periodic supervision and adapt to different work groups.
- Acceptable attendance, punctuality, and ability to perform work actives in a manner that is consistent with company policies.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time up to 10 hours per day. Able to recognize and identify defects in accordance with established standards. Capable of lifting or moving materials up to 25 lbs. with assistance. Frequent exposure to moderate noise levels, chemicals, greases, and adhesives. Able to rotate from station to station as training, workload ergonomics, and supervision dictates.