Salary: $14 per hour
Date Posted: November 20, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 250044
This is not a Job, this is a career opportunity! Incredible Benefits after hire: Healthcare, 401k, Dental, Life Ins., and more!
Our client has been in business since 1924, designing, manufacturing and distributing the highest quality and safest tractor trailer components for the trucking industry. Their product line includes couplings / pintle hitches, drawbar eyes / lunette eyes, hinge assemblies, front end assemblies, dolly jacks and accessories.
They are unique in there engineering and manufacturing of original products, with innovative designs, driven by customer needs. The products cover a wide range of trucking needs. Whether heavy duty, medium duty or light duty, you will find a selection of options in our full range of trucking trailer components.
- Prep and assemble a variety of products and sub-assemblies to prescribed methods.
- Fit parts to close tolerances, involving grinding of angled, contoured and flat surfaces.
- Grinding by use of hand-held and fixed pedestal grinders and belt sanders.
- Install components in sequence, aligning and adjusting parts for free working and proper operation.
- Tighten fasteners using air-powered tools, hand tools and/or torque wrenches.
- Make final functionality test.
- Finished products vary in weight from 7.5 to 80 lbs. (Greater than 50lbs with team lift)
- Work is performed while standing at a bench-top environment.
Candidate must have the following qualities:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Excellent attendance & punctuality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player that can get along with coworkers.
- Mechanical experience and aptitude.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Minimum of 1year mechanical experience, to include use of power hand tools.
- Strong attention to detail to QC own parts.
- Problem solving skills to determining quality fit, form & function.
Shift 6:45am to 3:15pm