Salary: $13 to $15
Date Posted: October 18, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 252249
Health Insurance Verification Customer Service
A fun, energetic in-bound/outbound call center is for talented candidates to work in their Reimbursement department. Career-minded Healthcare Reimbursement Specialists and Insurance Specialists needed to work in a fast paced, call center environment to provide product specific reimbursement support to patients and healthcare providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate submitting Insurance Research request to reimbursement services partner
• Communicate all coverage options
• Manage financial assistance process.
• Provider Prior Authorization support
• Educate physician on distribution options/services, and triages prescription
• Communication with customers regarding claims
• Contact with patients, physician offices, payers, and pharmaceutical company reps.
Pay Rate: $13-$15 an hour
Two years experience working for a health care insurance company, drug reimbursement call center, a physician or lab billing office, or a home health care or home infusion company, or DME.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Requires an 2 years knowledge of commercial health insurance programs in order to effectively utilize internal resources and to conduct external research to identify alternate funding sources as appropriate.
- Must be comfortable working with patients over the phone in an empathetic manner.
- Experience in the healthcare industry including, but not limited to, Medicare and/or Medicaid program administration, insurance verification and/or claim adjudication, physician's office or outpatient billing, pharmacy and/or pharmaceutical manufacturers is preferable.
- Must be able to compose and document benefit investigation outcomes and prepare written status reports to management on a regular basis.
- Previous direct patient interaction either in person or over the phone is desired.
- ICD-9, HCPCS and CPT experience a plus
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities within a changing environment
- Strong written and oral communication and strong organizational skills a must!
- Computer literacy required
- Direct patient interaction experience desired
- Pharmaceutical background preferred
- Knowledge of pharmacy benefits required
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.