Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 258612
Electrician- 3rd shift - Full Time - Fresno California-
The Industrial Electrician plays a vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort, by not only executing the work as planned, but by providing feedback and comments for improvement. The Industrial Electrician is responsible for the faithful execution of work. They will insist on having a work order number available to them to insure appropriate accountability for parts, work materials, and the capture of their time against the equipment being served. They will provide feedback on what repairs were made to the equipment on the work order, and will offer suggestions on how to improve the plans associated to the work effort. In the absence of the maintenance supervisor, the Industrial Electrician is responsible for completing maintenance activities as directed on a day-to-day basis. This includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance assignments.
- Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Maintain Process and Industry Standards and Specifications
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance up to and including Annual PM’s.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics without issue.
- Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Understand and certify in LOTO
- Identify follow-up work required
- Acquire planned materials, tools and documentation for planned work, and work order information for reactive work.
- Investigate job site if required – determine scope of work (reactive work)
- Prepare work site – scaffolding, safety, etc
- Perform maintenance task
- Respond to interruption work from immediate supervisor.
- Move to next job after completion or as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- With the Maintenance Supervisor, resolve problems as needed to perform work
- Complete Closeout Activities including, Tool accountability / Parts reconciliation, Sanitation tagging / Notification to Production, Return unused materials and tools, Functional Operations test complete, and arrange for PdM validation.
- Complete, Sign and return hardcopy Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
- Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
- Help to establish and implement preventative maintenance procedures for electronic controlled equipment, plant instrumentation and plant data collection systems
- Maintain and troubleshooting electronic controlled equipment, plant instrumentation and plant data collection system
- Self-starter and high performance individual with ability to prioritize his/her daily workload.
- Working knowledge of, ability to troubleshoot and repair analog, digital control devices and sensors.
- Ability to effectively operate and use an oscilloscope, VOM and other test equipment to troubleshoot and repair industrial control devices.
- Working knowledge of serial communications and ability to troubleshoot communications between PLC/PC and ASCII devices. (bar-code readers, scales, label printers, digital displays, terminals, RFID, wireless networking, etc.)
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Aggressive to solve problems in a methodical manner.
- Basic PLC programming and troubleshooting skills, preferably with Allen-Bradley
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical control circuits that employ 24 VAC/DC and 110VAC.
- Identify and explain the operation of 110VAC circuits and related equipment.Identify and explain the operation of three phase circuits and related equipment.
- Demonstrate competence with test equipment.
- Wonder Ware, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, RSView, Windows XP plus other miscellaneous software that is proprietary to our company.
PLC Knowledge and Hardware:
- Identify and explain the different components of a PLC and their function(s).
- Demonstrate knowledge of PLC programming software (RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, RSView).
- Identify and explain the different components of a LAN system and their function(s).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1-2 years’ industrial maintenance experience or a minimum 7 month technical training.
- Experienced in the use of computers and a computerized maintenance management control system.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed