Salary: $13.00 to $17.00 Depending on Experience
Date Posted: November 20, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 260502
Assistant Machine Operator; Paper Products
Our client is the Northwest’s largest independent corrugated box manufacturer with a well-deserved reputation for producing the very best in packaging products. From custom shipping containers to retail packaging, from stock boxes to in-store displays, from creative design to same day delivery service - no one is more capable than our client at providing the packaging solutions business needs.
The Machine Operator works in a team environment on a variety of machines, work centers and production lines based on training, skills and experience. Management will work with the Machine Operator to define production levels and project goals on a daily and weekly basis. The Machine Operator is supported by a crew of co-workers engaged in the production process and will ensure the smooth coordination of the team effort in reaching objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Be familiar with the set up and run of corrugated products on specialty folder gluer/ Flexo folder gluers\Die-cutters meeting standard monthly machine metrics.
- Assist with quality checks for first article and in process QC.
- Assist with the training of other employees to assist and learn to operate as specified by the Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work center that meets company 5S standards.
- Ensure the safety of all crew members.
- Assist with the routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Familiar with Machine Operation in one of or all of the following types of machines:
- Platen Diecutter
- Flexo Folder-Gluer
- Rotary Diecutter
- Minimum 1 year Experience in the operation in one of or all of the following types of machines:
- Radial Saws
- Highest level of detail, organization, and accuracy skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Must have basic personal computer skills
Rate of Pay: $13.00 to $17.00 Depending on Experience
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Duration: Contract to Hire