Date Posted: February 8, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 263215
1st or 2nd Shift
$20 - $25 DOE
Precision machining is our client's heritage and core strength. Their skilled and dedicated employees deliver tight tolerances and complex components at unsurpassed quality levels. Joining their team means working with dedicated, highly skilled employees that drive continuous improvement and ensure we deliver superior results to our customers. If you like to be involved, learn new skills, and share your expertise with others, they want you on their Team!!
Support manufacturing needs by creating and editing CNC programs as well as supporting the current production to manufacture parts that meet or exceed Company's quality requirements and standards in a timely manner at the lowest possible costs. There will also be expectations to improve upon current processes and assist in the development of new technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to write and edit CNC programs on the machines.
- Use MasterCam to aid in the writing of CNC programs.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, work orders to determine best tooling and machining process that meets all specifications of the part.
- Select tooling speeds and feeds for optimized tool life and program efficiency.
- Define setup requirements including proper work holding, tooling, and tool holders.
- Support manufacturing requirements from a CNC programming and support standpoint.
- Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality goals and on-time delivery goals.
- Ability to perform a sequence of operations, consistently maintaining the performance level set for quality and quantity.
- Execute to all of Company’s Standard Operating Procedures as they pertain to manufacturing related duties.
- Demonstrate the ability to trouble shoot machining problems fast and efficiently, cooperating with additional resources from additional areas, such as team members and production staff.
- Continuously improve job knowledge by participating in educational classes; reading technical publications, and cross-training.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of machining and manufacturing experience with a focus on Horizontal machining centers.
- 2+ years of CNC programming experience with MasterCam.
- Prefer some Mazatrol experience.
- General understanding of cutting tool selection and application.
- General understanding of machine and work holding limitations.
- Basic machine shop math and math for machining.
- Advanced blueprint reading and GD&T understanding.
- Mechanical reasoning and logical trouble shooting.
- PC skills for Manufacturing and proficient in Microsoft Office.