Date Posted: September 29, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 263360
- Reviews, sorts and distributes mail; reviews and calendar due dates from documents, letters and other mail received. Answers telephones and records messages.
- Draft and type various types of documents, including correspondence, pleadings, and memoranda and other such documents specific to the litigation practice area; proofreads documents for errors and corrects errors.
- Schedules/calendars appointments such as depositions, products of documents, client meetings, trials court hearings and appearances; coordinate travel arrangements as necessary.
- Review client billing for accuracy; edits content/grammar.
- Performs administrative functions such as prepares check requests for vendor statements and other administrative tasks.
- Organize and schedule small and large meetings in person and/or via conference calls which may include arranging for conference rooms and meals.
- Maintain Outlook Calendars and Contacts lists.
2 years recent experience as Legal Assistant or Paralegal
Ability to read and write English in order to perform routine office correspondence, pleadings and forms; perform non-complex arithmetic calculations at a level normally acquired through high school or the equivalent when verifying calculations on forms and documents and when maintaining records and files. Above average skills required on typing (60 wpm); spelling; sentence structure; proofreading and punctuation; experience with dictation