Date Posted: September 20, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 266259
The Corporate Controller will work closely with management throughout the company. Will also work with outside auditors, tax professionals, and other professionals. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of company financial records, securing its assets and improving its performance by managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Accounting, Consolidations, Forecasting and Reporting, by performing the following duties personally, through subordinate supervisors, or through outside resources.
The following are representative, not the complete responsibilities of the position:
- Oversee monthly financial close process for all legal entities, including adherence to USGAAP and compliance of Lender’s covenants, detailed review of balance sheet and income statements, revenue recognition, and cash flows.
- Assist and maintain the monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning and budgeting processes.
- Develop tools that enable the operations team to analyze and understand the financial results.
- Issue accurate, complete, timely, and understandable internal financial and operating statements on a monthly basis, which highlight key business trends.
- Provide financial and operational analysis and support, including implementation, for business improvement projects.
- Working with the senior management to improve company operations by identifying existing process weaknesses, developing potential enhancements, and working with other Company managers to implement changes.
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes. Work with independent auditors to coordinate the audit process and provide required back-up in order to verify statements.
- Oversee supervision of Accounts Receivable to ensure all invoices to customers are sent timely and proper collections efforts are implemented.
- Maintain and oversee the cash management and lenders credit agreement.
- Oversee supervision of Accounts Payable to ensure all valid invoices from vendors are paid correctly and on time; and adequate procedures and controls are implemented so that the department functions effectively.
- Oversee all tax matters.
- Preserve company assets and ensure the integrity of company financial statements by maintaining adequate internal controls.
- Conduct periodic audits of company operations to ensure adequacy of controls.
- Direct, manage and participate in the development and preparation of ad hoc financial analyses
- Advise senior management on financial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws, regulations, and compliance on the operation of the organization
- Collaboration, guidance, and assistance with HR - ensuring adequate training is provided to department personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Prospective candidates for this position must possess an active CPA license.
- A minimum of 5-10 years accounting management experience.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of financial/accounting systems.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral, and be capable of presenting information clearly and accurately to corporate executive staff.
- He/she must have strong leadership skills enabling him/her to motivate and further develop the staff in the specific areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically is required. Must have the ability to plan and execute plans to improve the company.
- The ideal candidate must be able to function on a team basis as well as be a team builder.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with people throughout the company is critical to success in this position.
Must be at least 18 years of age, willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
PrideStaff is a staffing company that has been helping job seekers find meaningful and fulfilling work in their desired field since 1978. We do this by remembering what is most important: YOU! We focus on your desires and the type of company and employment you want to grow in, rather than directing you to the company that is most convenient for us. YOU are our partner and we never forget that.