Date Posted: January 15, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 266600
2nd shift: 3pm - 11:15pm
We are seeking an Extruder Operator for our customer is a family owned business with global distribution and production facilities in the United States, Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
The Extruder Operator Duties include:
- Set up, operate, and tend machines to extrude thermoplastic pellets.
- Follow setup procedures and select appropriate heat profile temperatures and pelletizer settings according to specifications.
- Load machine hoppers with mixed materials.
- Start machines and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, and temperature, and to synchronize speed of extrusion.
- Operate and monitor pelletizer to ensure quality of pellet cut.
- Monitor and examine extruded products in order to check for conformance to specifications; adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
- Prepare for changeovers by pulling and cleaning screws, burning out die head, cleaning pelletizer and Witte.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and make minor adjustments to equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of materials on run sheet.
- Record all nonconforming material, line scrap and blobs on the Run Sheet.
- Fill out all production tracking paperwork.
- Weigh and label finished product, place in appropriate container and move to designated area.
- As necessary, perform duties not directly related to position and assist fellow workers.
The Extruder Operator Requirements include:
- 2 years experienced as a extruder machine operator
- Prior Forklift experience (Must acquire and maintain valid forklift operator certification.)
- Clean Driver Record
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Train on days for a few weeks before transitioning to 2nd shift.