Date Posted: November 17, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 267333
SQL Developer & Reporting Specialist responsible to design, develop, test, maintain/support SQL Server programming, data design, reporting, performance tuning, query optimization of databases and related programs. To be part of the applications development team and be the central knowledge resource for database interfaces, business intelligence, ODBC, MS Access database reporting, Crystal based reporting and SSRS. Works closely with the General Plant Manager, Corporate and key plant personnel to design and develop and maintain new and existing reporting applications and SQL databases architecture and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain highly scalable and robust SQL database programming and reports using SQL Server 2008 or greater. SSRS, XML and .Net, MS Access database and other reporting tools.
- Analyze existing data and reporting needs, design and develop complex SQL queries for Reporting,
- Maintain Print & Apply software and assist with trouble shooting Print and Apply System units used in the production floor
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with the ERP Microsoft Dynamics (DAX) System
- Develop and maintain SQL Stored procedures, triggers in SQL server 2008 or greater to facilitate business data reporting needs and applications development
- Write complex SQL stored procedures reporting using SSRS, SQL Server and other reporting tools
- Reporting services and report builder. Create data extract routines.
- Create custom reporting facility using SQL reporting tools to provide trending, forecasting, and other supply chain business functions and to support other functional business needs
- Facilitate application program in maintaining existing SQL code, building SQL
- Develop data extracting needs to and from EDI and ERP systems as desired. Automate existing manual data transfer and data extract systems
- Interface with business users and other stakeholders to gather business reporting requirements, assist in creation of project outlines, detailed design documents and project scoping;
- Develop and maintain ODBC connections,
- Develop databases in Microsoft SQL Database Systems, writing queries, establish ODBC connections with other SQL Databases and write reports using SSRS reporting services for ad hoc reporting.
- Develop databases in MS Access as well, writing queries, establish ODBC connections with SQL Databases and write reports in MS Access database for ad hoc reporting.
- Assisting management in reporting needs and business reporting requirements.
- Follow version control, maintain change management and move to production procedures
- Follow coding standards and software engineering best practices; Code clearly and maintain consistency; document code well
- Assist with other IT company needs
- Perform other task as assigned by the Supervisor. Will be reporting to the General Plant Manager