Fort Lauderdale, FL
Salary: $100,000 or based upon experience
Date Posted: September 15, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 267863
Senior Electrical Engineer- (Design & Construction)
PrideStaff has been retained by a very well-known Engineering Firm in the Fort Lauderdale area that is seeking a senior licensed Electrical Engineer for design of commercial and residential spaces. An ideal applicant will have a P.E. and have a minimum of 6 years of design experience. Only EEs with construction and design experience need apply.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes within area of assigned responsibility. Ensures design complies with applicable national and local codes.
- Must have design experience with Electrical Building Systems for Commercial and Retail Facilities preferred. Prototype Rollouts or Remodel Design Experience.
- Coordinates project activities, and code requirements and standards with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Conducts electrical site visits and surveys.
- Investigate and test vendors’ and competitors’ products. Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment with support from the Project Engineer.
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications with support from a Project Engineer.
- Coordinates activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to design and equipment specifications, operational and safety standards, functional specifications, codes and customer requirements.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)- Mandatory
- 6-8 years’ experience in electrical engineering and commercial building design required. AutoCAD/ REVIT/ BIM/3-D design experience required (6 years minimum)
- Knowledge of construction techniques and methods.