Date Posted: October 3, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 272860
Our client, a leading Aerospace Manufacturer is a seeking a Vertical Machining Center Operator. Set up includes inserting tools, changing tool tips, and set zero positions. Ensure protocol and processes are adhered to at all times during operation
- Complete routine visual in-process inspections of Vertical Machining Center to ensure proper operation and maintenance, notifying facility manager immediately of any issues or concerns during the inspection process
- Address all machine errors promptly and efficiently, documenting and reporting errors to appropriate facility manager
- Monitor production and maintain production records as needed, providing information to facility manager as needed
- Complete manufacturing reports related to machined parts
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follow all prescribed safety procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of machining terms
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use inspection tools and perform basic mathematical calculations sufficient to measure parts and perform inspections
- Ability to work from specific verbal or written instructions and standard operating practices
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team
- Minimum 2-3 plus years of related experience required, Aerospace industry would be a plus!
- Technical training courses desired.
- This is a temporary contract to direct hire opportunity.