Date Posted: September 19, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 273648
PrideStaff has a Client in the Fresno area that is looking for a Machinist, this position would be a 2nd shift and would require you to work overtime. Once hired on Company would offer 3 weeks paid vacation, benefits for you and your family, also Company offers 401k. Please make sure to send Resume, and lets get you interviewed ASAP.
I. Position Purpose
* Under the direct supervision of the Machine Shop Supervisor, plan, lay-out and perform a wide range of machine tool operations in a shop environment to construct, alter and repair pump components.
II. Key Responsibilities
* Set up and operate engine lathes, vertical turret latches, mills, radial drill presses and related special purpose machine tools, with or without the aid of a D.R.O. or other computer enhanced equipment. Setup and operate D.R.O. and program/edit computer aided equipment. Operate forklift, saw and torch.
* Plan work and operation sequences that include progressive machining operations for the construction, alteration, and repair of products, jigs, fixtures, and equipment. Interpret complicated drawings, sketches, and specifications.
* Provide machining support on jig and fixture projects and development of prototypes. Assist Manufacturing Engineering and/or General Machinist with the construction of tooling and equipment required for production.
* Perform development and experimental work, as assigned, and proceed from own conceptions according to design and specifications. Perform difficult machining operations that require complicated setups. Provide advice and assistance to other operators of lower classifications in the interpretations of work detail on the more complicated drawings and tasks.
* Detect and report faulty operation, defective material and equipment, and other unusual conditions to proper Supervisor or Lead man. Replace cutting tools, drills, taps, grinding tools, blades, sanding belts and discs, as required. Deburr all parts before moving to next operation or quality control for final inspection.
* Proficient in the set up and running of one or more pieces of manual equipment. All abilities to be determined by the supervisor.
* Maintain workplace in a neat and orderly condition.
* Complete time and production reports or enter the prescribed information into a designated data input terminal.
* Observe all safety and ISO 9001/14001 Requirements.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Position currently reports to the Machine Shop Supervisor along with the C.N.C Machinists, Production Machinists, General Machinists, Machine Operators, Tool Room Attendants, and Under filers.
IV. Performance Measures
* Budgeted Input, Output and PBIT objectives.
* Adherence to and achievement of department and company budgets.
* On-time completion of targeted policy deployment objectives and reports.
* Mentoring and coaching performance of department associates.
* Insure complete market coverage with Manufacturer’s Representatives who are meeting their sales quotas and
V. Physical Demands & Work Environment
* The work may require considerable and strenuous physical exertion such as frequent lifting, pushing or pulling of heavy objects < 50 pounds. The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, moving equipment (i.e. forklifts, overhead cranes), rotating equipment or machines. Routine use of personal protective equipment is required and adherence to all safety precautions.
Full Time Temp to Hire position, please submit resumes. Pay will start at $18.00 hr - $22.00 hr depending on experience.