Date Posted: October 24, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 276303
Injection Mold Department 3rd Shift
The Shift Supervisor in the Mold Department will be a self-starter, who can make decisions on their own and supervise employees in a fair and professional manner
Experience: At least 3 years experience as a working supervisor in a manufacturing environment working with Injection Mold Machines.
Knowledge: A working knowledge of injection molding equipment, mold set-ups, mold operations, plastic resins and mixing procedures including math and measurement techniques/equipment. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
This would include, but not be limited to:
- scheduling daily machine and duty assignments to employees on the shift
- directing job functions
- carrying out production requirements
- overseeing equipment problems
- handling employee complaints, problems, and discipline
- liaisons with other departments and customers
- performs mold setting duties as necessary
1. Schedules and directs daily production, assigns machines following a rotation schedule;
2. Assigns and oversees production duties and functions on the shift;
3. Assists management with production requirements;
4. Troubleshoots and handles equipment and mold problems;
5. Ensures that quality assurance measures and procedures are followed, guides and assists quality inspectors as necessary;
6. Oversees training of employee, including new hires, assists employees with equipment, operational, production problems;
7. Enforces company policies and procedures, handles employee complaints, grievances, and
8. Makes recommendations and decisions concerning probationary hires and performance problems for all employees and documents problems and discussions with employee;
9. Confides with and follows Human Resources Department directions;
10. Ensures overall safety for shift, makes sure personnel follow safety practices and procedures;
11. Assists with hazard communications, accident reporting, and spill procedures;
12. Enforces company lockout/tagout procedures and tow motor safety, directs emergency evacuation;
13. Interacts with customers as needed;
14. Processes set-ups, starts up presses including dial ins;
15. Runs samples as needed;
16. Takes inventory counts;
17. Completes and collects daily mold set-up/pull out sheets;
18. Audits policies and procedures assigned to shift personnel;
19. Performs other duties as assigned and directed.
Staffing Done Right!
PrideStaff has won multiple Best of Staffing Awards for our great relationships with candidates. Our candidates consistently rank us as one of the top staffing agencies in the country. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment, but you are not temporary to us!
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find what job fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with an agency committed to being your long term partnering in staffing.
Work with the PrideStaff!
Apply today by calling (330) 510-5700.
Or visit Apply.pridestaff.com, or www.pridestaff.com/akron for a list of this job and many others.