Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 276802
PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking a dedicated and experienced Accounting Support professional for our client in Hayward.
This position is a back up to the Staff Accountant to cover for maternity leave. There is a possibility this position may lead to a permanent position.
- Maintain calendar financial records in a confidential manner,
- Prepare financial account analyses and account reconciliation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all Rebate & Brokerage
- Review and ensure all financial accounts are analyzed and reconciled in preparation for completing annual financial audit.
- May be requested to assist in the preparation of audit schedules outlined by external auditors for annual audit of company financial statements.
- Primary back-up to process all Fixed Asset in the absence of an employee primarily responsible.
- Adhere to company time clock policy.
- Exercise internal control and confidentiality over information processed.
- Adhere to company attendance and punctuality policy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be detail oriented and have good analytical skills. Competent computer skills are a necessity in order to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Knowledge in macros a plus. Proficiency in accounting principles and preparation of financial statements required. Must have hands-on experience performing account analyses and account reconciliation. Must be detail oriented and possess ability to prioritize workload and work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment. Must have good communication skills. Must possess time management skills and be able to meet deadlines. Must be able to work independently and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Accounting and at least three years of relevant experience, including: month-end closing, general ledger related matters, analysis of operations results, and budget preparation.
At PrideStaff Financial we bring more to our associates than just accounting and financial employment opportunities. We focus on what you value most, and provide resources such as tips for interviews, resumes and references to provide the best possible experience as you go through the interview process. In short, we help you find the work you want and need.