Salary: $16 to $18/hr D.o.E.
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 277046
Our client is locally owned and operated. Established in 1949, has grown into a regional and national industrial equipment supplier, providing a combination of value added technical services, engineering, consultation, and quality products to a variety of markets. They provide mission-critical equipment to a wide variety of industries including Fortune 500 companies.
Assemble and test industrial packages from bare parts, in “job shop” and production environment. This includes mechanical connections, supports and structures, and control panels. Build custom air compressor, vacuum pump, blower and pump assembly packages.
- Ability to build and disassemble an engine or machine
- Electronic Panel Assembly experience preferred but not required
- Read & interpret assembly drawings
- Mechanical skills
- Physically able (lifting of 50 lbs occasionally)
- Standing, sitting, kneeling, bending all shift
- Work well independently/self-starter and with a team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Such duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble mechanical assemblies; such as, air ends, blowers and other compressed air system components, working on a shop floor.
- Inspects components for proper assembly, specifications, fit and finish.
- Plans assembly and positions components according to knowledge of unit being assembled and through interpretation of engineering drawings, layout drawings or electrical schematics.
- Remove small quantities of metal with hand files, scrapers or machine tools to produce close fit between parts.
- Bend and install tubing and fittings for oil lubrication/cooling systems.
- Install plumbing.
- Align couplings and subassemblies to gearbox or other components.
- Operate drill presses, milling machines, lathes, hydraulic presses, welders and other shop equipment to assist in assembly operations.
- Test completed assemblies for proper operation, temperature, vibration and noise levels and complete required written reports. Troubleshoot, repair or replace faulty components.
- Provide feedback in regards to design improvements, updates and procedures, verbally and in writing, as required.
- Work in conjunction with Floor Supervisor to ensure assemblies meet design parameters.
- Perform workstation and shop clean-up duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Specialized training: mechanics, electrical
- Previous experience should include mechanical assembly and disassembly.
- Requires the ability to read and use hand held mechanical measurement devices (micrometer, dial indicator, caliper) as well as electrical measurement devices (Fluke meter).
- Recognize common mechanical and electrical components
- Passion for auto mechanics, building and/or tinkering with mechanical components
- Excellent communication skills
- Must work well with others in a safe and self-directed manner
- Reading: Read and interpret the following documents: operating and maintenance manuals, employee manuals, safety guidelines, electrical schematics, blueprints, mechanical sketches, electrical and mechanical reference charts.
- Writing: Record readings and write legible reports.
Pay rate: $16.00/hr to $18.00/hr D.o.E and Qualifications