Salary: 14 - 15
Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 277840
We have a Client in Hayward that has an immediate opening for a highly motivated/high energy individual for a Forklift Operator position. Great opportunity for the right person!!!
Qualified candidates must be willing to take a drug test and have a background check.
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports material to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of vehicles, machinery, racks, pallets, skids, or shelves by hand or powered industrial truck.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved and supplies workers with materials as needed.
- Assists Driver in strapping, bracing, padding or tarping material to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Recharges batteries or replaces liquefied gas tank for powered industrial truck.
- Counts material to ensure that the amount of material meets the amount specified on the purchase order or shipper.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck certification.
- Forklift training and certification preferred
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment
- Good attitude
- Physical Stamina is necessary
- Attendance is critical
- Strong work ethic
- RF Scanning experience a plus
- Good math skills
- Day and night shift
- Steel toed boots
warehouse clerk, administrative assistant, warehouse administration, warehouse, warehouse administrator, WMS, warehouse management system, forklift, ship, receive, shipping, receiving, mechanical systems, inventory, inventory control, heavy lifting, logistics software, inventory based software, loading, unloading, PO system, malt house, warehouse coordinator, Word, Excel