Salary: $18 - $22
Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 277938
PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking a dedicated and experienced Credit & Collections Specialist for our client in Hayward.
Credit & Collections Specialist
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: (Summary of job duties)
Assist the Credit & Collection Manager in carrying out the functions of the department. Interface with other departments in conjunction with all required documentations for billing/invoicing and credit memo processing purposes. Review & process all invoices and credit memos daily. Review, process and resolve issues associated to invoicing and credit memos in timely manner. Assist credit manager with set–up of new accounts and/or new ship to locations for existing customers. Maintain/update customer Navision records. Work with other departments and or employees in conjunction with resolving invoicing and credit memos issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process invoices for all shipments from different shipping point locations (Drop shipments, company’s warehouse locations and company’s outside storage locations).
- Process all credit memos on a daily basis if any.
- Review, analyze and resolve issues associated to invoicing in timely manner.
- Review, analyze & resolve issues associated to credit memos in timely manner.
- Interface with Customer Service, Sales, Warehouse, Quality Assurance, Pricing/Accounting and Traffic on issues that impact invoicing and credit memos, i.e. order processing, pricing, rebates, allowances, returns, inventory, sales and marketing program.
- Analyze and resolve all credit memos processed against the customer account.
- Set- up new customer’s accounts and additional ship to accounts of existing customers, obtain credit reports in conjunction with set up of new customers.
- Maintain customer Navision cards with new addresses, contacts or inactive status.
- Interface with co-employees in the department matters affected by credit memos processed.
- Exercise accounting control and confidentiality over every information processed.
- Adhere to company attendance and punctuality policy.
- Adhere to company’s time clock policy.
- Performs other job duties that may be assigned by the department’s manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Understanding of basic accounting principles required.
- Knowledge of credit principles and credit law a plus.
- Must be experienced working with computers and have the ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions.
- Must be proficient in excel, word and other Microsoft office products.
- Self-starter, well organized with ability to prioritize workload and work independently and effectively in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and organization.
- Must have hands-on experience performing customer account analyses and reconciliation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is a plus required. Three to five years of relevant experience in the field of A/R, billing, credit memo processing, collections and analysis of customer’s account required.
At PrideStaff Financial we bring more to our associates than just accounting and financial employment opportunities. We focus on what you value most, and provide resources such as tips for interviews, resumes and references to provide the best possible experience as you go through the interview process. In short, we help you find the work you want and need.