Date Posted: August 28, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 277971
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Companies in the area are searching for experienced, proven individuals for temporary and temp-to-hire assignments to hit the ground running and contribute right away.
Come join PrideStaff to put your talents and skills to work. PrideStaff has been working for over thirty-five years across the country in filling the needs for clients.
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist duties may include:
- Ability to manage day-to-day workload and assist team members as needed
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to contend with and communicate professionally with patients, insurance companies, associates, management and clients
- Possess excellent problem solving skills, be highly efficient and able to motivate others
- Possess a positive work ethic and strong job focus
- High level of proficiency with multiple applications including, but not limited to, MS Office, with the ability to quickly pick up new systems
- Acute attention to detail and quality
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to organize workload and work independently
- Ability to interpret information on EOB's and correspondence
- Knowledge of billing system and general accounting principles; strong conceptual understanding of billing and collection processes
- Excellent written, verbal, and typing skills
- Experience with quality analysis, clean claim processing and outsourcing, preferred
- Experience with EMR/EHR implementation and processing, preferred
- Minimum of one-year Healthcare experience in medical coding, claim processing, and account receivable follow-up.
- Compile and process physician billing data
- Accountable for client status, 100% patient capture, and internal/external quality
- Daily Clean Claim effort: research, corrections, improvements/edits
- Ensure all batches are received from facilities
- Provide feedback to business partners and train their staff for all processes: Batch Prep, Medical Coding, and Data Entry
- Perform extensive Quality Audits (Error Research and Corrections)
- Interact with third parties, clients and vendors
- Prepare Client Report Cards
- Provide team coverage
- Perform Registration, Data Entry and Rekeys, as needed
- Perform document scanning
- Handle phone calls to/from patients, insurance carriers and clients (inbound & outbound)
- Process out-going paper claims
- Work various reports such as, but not limited to, Pre-collections, AR Follow-up, Errors and No-print Reports
- Retrieve EOB's for secondary insurances
- Ensure workflow is on par; monitor and report progress; advise Manager of issues
- Respond to patient and insurance correspondence
- Process account corrections and adjustments
- Retrieve and handle voice mail phone messages
- Identify and resolve billing/reimbursement issues
- Produce, review, and correct collector write-off reports
- Process letters
- Projects: Participates as needed in projects requested by manager and/or clients and completes them as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!