Salary: $20 - $25/hour
Date Posted: October 15, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 278031
Commercial Vehicle and Equipment Mechanic
Our client is a locally owned and operated company who for over 75 years has been and continues to be committed to our customers and their people. They are dedicated to building and supporting the local communities in which we live and work. Ranked in the top 20 on Oregon Business Journal’s 150 Private Business List. They are dedicated to providing a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding work environment for their employees.
We are looking for a Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance on diesel and non- diesel equipment and trucks. This position requires a basic knowledge of vehicle systems to be able to perform routine preventative maintenance and equipment repairs.
• Routine vehicle preventative maintenance inspections and adjustments.
• Repair malfunctioning components, retrofit engines, change brakes, adjust steering systems, replace worn-out parts, and change hydraulic fluids.
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Perform a variety of routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and changing tires.
• Adjustments and light repairs such as; tire changes, light changes, and basic electrical work.
• Complete all applicable company training programs.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
• One year of experience in a maintenance role.
- 3-5 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification preferred.
• Experience working with heavy transportation vehicles, aircrafts or ships preferred.
• Broad knowledge of the industry’s best safety practices.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
• Computer literate with experience Microsoft Office email and hours of service management systems.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Valid driver’s license is required.
Pay: $20 - $25/hour
Drug screen and background check, DMV check required