San Leandro, CA
Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 278174
Partner with PrideStaff where we work for you!
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization with branches across the U.S. – each office locally-owned and plugged into the community. We get to know you and proactively advocate on your behalf with leading employers. Our goal is to see you succeed!
Shipping & Receiving Clerk Responsibilities:
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor
- Count items to ensure that the correct number have been received
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided
- Operate forklifts to pick heavy boxes and transport them to checking areas
- Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies
- Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
- Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders
- Maintain files of shipping/receiving records
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
- Organize records of goods shipped
- Must be able to lift weights of 55 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to be able to bend and lift frequently.
- Must be able to follow directions and work independently.
- Performed general physical activities in warehouse; loading, unloading, sorting and moving products and materials manually and using material handling equipment.
- Must be able to meet specific goals for thru-put and accuracy
warehouse clerk, administrative assistant, warehouse administration, warehouse, warehouse administrator, WMS, warehouse management system, forklift, ship, receive, shipping, receiving, mechanical systems, inventory, inventory control, heavy lifting, logistics software, inventory based software, loading, unloading, PO system, malt house, warehouse coordinator, Word, Excel