Salary: $16.00/hr-$20.00 or +DOE
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 278926
Staff Accountant –Business Accounting & Finance Specialist (CPA)
PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking a dedicated and experienced Staff Accountant for their client. In this rewarding and important role, you will prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedules – analyzing revenue, commissions and expenses to ensure that they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis. The Staff Accountant will also assist with tax and financial audits.
As a Staff Accountant, you will facilitate and complete monthly close procedures, assisting with the analysis of financial statements on a monthly basis as well as reports on variances. You will also assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
Additional responsibilities for the Staff Accountant include:
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Assisting with quarterly producer commission reports by analyzing and correcting discrepancies
- Assisting with the documentation and monitoring of internal controls
As a Staff Accountant, you must be able to perform your duties independently, with minimal daily direction from your manager. We are seeking a highly detail-oriented individual who is organized and able to consistently meet deadlines. You should also be able to work cooperatively with others when necessary.
Additional requirements of the Staff Accountant include:
- Minimum 3 years of accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA candidate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Apply with your resume TODAY!