Date Posted: August 24, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 278963
Lead Building Engineer
Pridestaff is seeking a Lead Operating Engineer (HVAC specialty) to supervise and direct maintenance personnel and/or directly perform, repair and maintenance of all HVAC and mechanical equipment at a flagship corporate campus. Secondary responsibilities include repair, monitoring and maintenance of other base building and critical system machinery and equipment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate not only command of HVAC repair and maintenance principles and ability to self-perform associated maintenance and repairs, but a passion for operational excellence, continual growth, and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff, as appropriate and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities, when they relate to HVAC and related skill sets. Performs and/or directs the performance of all HVAC related maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition. In many cases the individual will directly perform corrective actions.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program for all HVAC and related controls and equipment. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
- High degree of competency in commercial HVAC preventive maintenance and repair. It is desirable to have had additional exposure to fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, and E-Mail, Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS) etc.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Possession of EPA Section 608 Technician Certification (Universal)
Optional but Desirable, Skills and Abilities
- Liebert Certified (CRAC Units)
- Trane Certified (RTU’s, HVAC equipment, BAS, etc.…)
- Outside of normal business hours as needed to fulfil distraction free repairs and maintenance.
- Regular Saturday shift is expected
- Minimum of a high school diploma. Two years of trades schooling in electrical and HVACR or equivalent experience.