Long Beach, CA
Date Posted: August 28, 2017
Job ID: 279430
DON'T JUST LOOK FOR A JOB. FIND ONE.
Few people truly enjoy a job search. At PrideStaff, we love every one. For us, each search is an adventure. We love helping candidates improve their opportunities and find great jobs, temporary or full time, within our network of clients. Working with PrideStaff, you’ll have access to a broad range of positions where your skills can be put to the best possible use. We help ensure that you don’t just search, but succeed.
As a Welder you will use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
Welder responsibilities may include:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
The ideal Welder will have the following qualities:
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre?established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
Join Us! Send us your resume;
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!