Salary: $19.23/hr + commission
Date Posted: August 29, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 279466
Inside Sales Representative
Summary: Performs and coordinates direct sales of mobile, internet and print products to automotive dealers and members of the automotive industry. Will use internal and external products to process sales and track activities. Knowledge of Advantage (accounting software) and Salesforce during the course of daily activities to enter sales, update accounts, research and document all activities as well as extensive use of telephone and email.
Daily operational tempo is at high level either by making outbound phone calls, answering inbound call or responding to inquiries via email. There is limited travel and some face-to-face customer interaction attending promotional events and conventions. Knowledge of automotive dealership and wholesale auto auction operations as well as wireless technology is important. Additionally, will assist dealers with trouble shooting and technical issues encountered as an internet or mobile issues; working knowledge of mobile devices is imperative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Increase sales of products lines via outbound phone calls and inbound phone calls; increase exposure, pursue leads to broad automotive dealer’s knowledge of products and services.
- Discuss at length and be able to walk through mobile and internet products over the phone. Providing existing and new users general orientation to the products and trouble-shooting minor technical issues and provide user training.
- Garner feedback regarding the products forwarding dealer recommendations for product improvement and valuations to Technical Support, Product Development or Editorial departments.
- Contact dealership personnel using Sales Force lead lists in conjunction with national and regional promotional and direct mail campaigns. These promotions are targeted events engineered to sync with marketing efforts in target markets (With intent of growing brand / product recognition & driving direct sales.)
- On occasion attend an auction or industry partner on-site event to meet with dealers and promote sales of products. Promotions will typically include setting up and working a table in a high traffic area of the auction lobby or event site.
- This position also acts as a conduit for insight into customer habits, customer pain points and needs.
- Be prepared to make local dealer visits to perform on-site demonstrations and training to ensure local subscribers are comfortable with usage and understand how to fully utilize the mobile application.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and over 5 years of related sales and industry experience is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may qualify for consideration.
Ability to use Microsoft Applications; experience with wireless technology
- Business development experience; sales orientation
- B2B or B2C experience - customer facing
- Marketing activities
- Experience with wholesales auto auction operations preferred
- Experience with automotive dealership operations preferred
- Experience with wireless technology products
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
Pay: $19.23/hr (or $40,000/hr) + commission