Date Posted: August 30, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 279756
Aerospace Company in Corona- Looking for a Senior QA Engineer
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The senior quality engineer shall support the business in the areas of new product development, lean implementation, process capability improvement, daily production support, project management, technical data interpretation/analysis (engineering drawings, specifications, technical publications, component maintenance manuals, purchase orders, etc.), and quality system management.
The senior quality engineer will be expected to be knowledgeable of stage-gate new product introduction processes, best practices for supporting design-for-quality, statistical process controls, dimensional inspection metrology, and aerospace quality systems.
The senior quality engineer primarily interfaces with Customers, Suppliers, Sales/Contracts, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations.
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with customer Quality representatives on all Quality-related issues and activities.
- Drive manufacturing process capability improvements through variation reduction, error-proofing, and implementation of statistical process control.
- Collect and analyze quality data to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement of products and processes.
- Provide leadership on problem solving teams to drive root cause analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action (CAPA) plans.
- Represent Quality department on the New Product Introduction (NPI) teams. Perform contract review and drive design-for-quality activities.
- Perform Purchase Order review for existing and legacy programs.
- Review customer Source Control Drawings, Specifications, and Quality requirements.
- Manage major program manufacturing process qualification.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineering for supplier quality development.
- Validate and respond to Corrective and Preventive Action Requests (CAR/PAR) from both internal and external customers.
- Witness the tear down and evaluation of the customer-returned products in the MRO area.
- Participate on Material Review Board (MRB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) processes.
- Develop process flow charts/diagrams and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Create statistically valid control plans for manufacturing processes.
- Use lean and six sigma tools to drive process and product variation reduction.
- Conduct and participate in the internal and external quality system, process, and product audits.
- Provide technical leadership to inspection team members.
- Support product/process certifications and approvals.
- Develops, monitors and analyzes product/process trend data in order to optimize manufacturing performance and minimize product and process variability and associated production costs.
- Develops and establishes problem/process root cause and definitive corrective action plans necessary to reduce Scrap, Rework and Repair costs.
- Coordinates / makes modifications to existing procedures, production processes, engineering specifications, and inspection techniques/plans/procedures. Monitors results necessary to validate improvements.
- Develops product quality plans and inspection methodologies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Quality Management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Masters of Science in Engineering is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in aerospace quality and manufacturing. Experience in blueprint reading and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). Experience with various raw materials and manufacturing and quality inspection processes (machining, heat treating, anodizing, painting, NDT, etc.). Experience with flight critical components/systems is a plus.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Strong business/technical writing, presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of government contract requirements.
- Knowledge of major aerospace prime customer requirements.
- Familiar with FAA Repair Station regulations and requirements.
- Six sigma tools and methodology; green belt or black belt experience is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing practices to improve product/process quality.
- Excellent problem solving skills aimed at identifying and correcting the root causes of problems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of problem solving tools: 5-Whys, Failure mode and effects analysis, 8-D, Pareto analysis, fault tree analysis, and Ishikawa diagrams.
- Aerospace Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9110, FAR 21, FAR 145, and Nadcap requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement statistically valid control plans and audit plans
- Working knowledge of inspection metrology and proper application of automated measuring equipment
- Excellent working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to create and/or review failure analysis reports and perform dimensional tolerance stack up analyses
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and other application software.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and impact change.
- Well organized.
- Participative management style – advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities – tactful – mature – flexible.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Critical thinking, methodical analysis, and problem solving skills.
- US Persons Only (US citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- Approximately 20% travel required.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
- We are an E-Verify participant.
Company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement for regular full time employees.