Salary: $15 - 22 DOE
Date Posted: September 8, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 280684
PrideStaff is seeking a CNC Machine Operator that must be familiar with the basic machine functions to perform various tasks. This is a first shift position, Monday through Thursday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm and Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 p.m. Compensation varies upon years of experience in industry from $15 to $22 per hour.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions
- Set up, operate, and tear down CNC machine tools (lathe, mills and/or 5-axis)
- This includes install, align, secure and adjust cutting tools and workpieces
- Measure torque tolerances from average +-.005 to smallest +-.00005
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations
- taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharping and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Notify operator running production of job details
- Deburr all surfaces of parts or products to ensure that they conform to specifications
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs
- Will be required to perform other related duties as requested, directed or assigned
High school diploma or GED required
Experience with Calipers
Ability to work well with others
Must be reliable
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings & use simple math
Desired But Not Required:
- Minimum 2 years related job experience preferred
- G and M code
- ability to read and edit a program
- ability to set up mill or lathe
- experience with micrometers?
Light to moderate physical effort required.
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.