Salary: $15.00, per hour
Date Posted: December 11, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 280710
Operate various types of propane and electric powered forklifts to unload and load freight, stage product, pull orders, and various paperwork. Must be able to pass math and inventory assessments, and all parts of the forklift certification program.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unload inbound product and load outbound product from trailers and rail cars.
- Stage product in assigned areas using forklift
- Ability to recognize and interpret code dates while maintaining inventory levels along with 100% accuracy rates
- Accurately and legibly complete paperwork
- Meet production quotas
- Perform quality inspections
- Perform pre-shift operation and safety check on equipment
- Keep production lines filled with raw materials.
- Operate additional attachments as required.
- Able to work overtime.
- Able to prioritize job tasks and duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lift and carry freight in various sizes and weights
- Climbing and crawling over freight when unloading or loading freight as needed.
- Lifting and bending from floor to chest high or from overhead to approximately 4 inches from floor
- Visual accuracy up to 50 feet.
- Able to read and comprehend English
- Identify items on all paperwork including, but not limited to customer orders, bills of lading, manifests, packing lists, stock receipts, freight bills, and customer labels
- Good written and communication skills
- Able to operate lift truck controls and steering simultaneously; as well as operate foot pedals as needed, while maintaining production standards
- Climb off and on lift truck approximately 40 inches high
- Sit and/or stand up to 8 hours a day
- Able to work at heights, up to 16 feet