Date Posted: September 12, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 280992
Special Assistant to Provost – Dover Delaware
Companies in the area are searching for experienced, proven individuals for temporary and temp-to-hire assignments to hit the ground running and contribute right away.
Come join PrideStaff to put your talents and skills to work. PrideStaff has been working for over thirty-five years across the country in filling the needs for clients.
General Description of the Position
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Special Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Office of the Provost. The incumbent works independently to manage a wide-array of university initiatives; proactively setting priorities to meet key goals and outcomes.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
- Organize, coordinate and oversee the administrative aspects of key activities, events and projects on behalf the Division of Academic Affairs
- Prepares and edits correspondences, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Conducts research, assembles and analyzes data to prepare reports and documents.
- Provides support/Represents the Division of Academic Affairs in the planning and coordination of University-wide activities and events
- Updates/Maintains Organizational Charts for the Division of Academic Affairs
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The candidate must possess the following skills and abilities to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency /expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including applications of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher. In addition, the incumbent must display proficiency in BANNER SIS and BANNER Finance modules as well as familiarity with Web Content Management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience extracting and evaluating data from multiple sources via query tools
- Effectively manage multiple high-priority tasks on deadline.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of constituents, including senior leadership, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Fosters a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Exercises discretion and good judgment at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrating the ability to work effectively with all University stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills required, including the ability to prioritize work, complete tasks thoroughly and accurately, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of university policies, procedures, and protocol.
Education: Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 3-5 years’ senior administrative support experience in a higher education setting; preferably in the Division of Academic Affairs.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!