Date Posted: September 13, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 281351
PrideStaff is searching for a Accounts Payable Clerk to join the employment verification team of an established investigative services company in Burbank, CA.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Staff Accountant. This position will be responsible for processing accounts payable and coding all all cash disbursement transactions.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices, receipts, purchase orders and checks, and other substantiating business transactions
- Code all transactions with proper G/L account numbers
- Enter invoices and adjustments
- Process payment -weekly system checks and manual checks when needed
- Verify and record employee expense reposts and advances
- Maintain records/agreements/contracts on rent and equipment leases, etc
- Reconcile Petty Cash balance at month end
- Process and print month end A/P reports: A/P Aging, O/S Check Report
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation -general and trust accounts
- Reconcile lease, rent, general/group insurance, legal and professional payments
- Prepare and file Form 1099 and CA Use and Sales return after year end
- Call in for maintenance/repairs/supplies
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
What we are looking for:
- A.A. degree in accounting or business administration; or 3-5 years of related working experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping principles
- Experienced in Sage 100/Mas 90 a PLUS.
- Someone who is meticulous and thorough in their work performance.
- Team player who builds great working relationships both internally and externally.