Date Posted: September 20, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 281661
PrideStaff is seeking 2 individuals to fill this temporary role paying $11.00 per hour to start. This position is a first shift position, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with an hour for lunch. This company is located in Pittsburgh and is looking for reliable individuals to start immediately. These positions are vacant due to promotion within the company.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor
- Count items to ensure that the correct number have been received
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided
- Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity
- Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
- Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Assist in industrial and hydraulic hose area with basic duties such as hose banding and crimping, roll, cut or test hoses.
- Will learn to utilize press machine and crimping machine
- Will use basic hand tools to help assemble hoses
- Participate in lean shop and safety regulations.
- Participate in counting inventory for cycle counts and maintain stock (i.e., tag, stack, sort, keep organized). Clean equipment and all shop areas.
- High school or equivalent (GED) required
- 1 year of prior mechanical experience in an industrial or automotive shop environment preferred.
- Basic computer skills required
- Must be able to use a tape measure and understand basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment