Brooklyn Park, MN
Salary: $14-$17 / HR DOE
Date Posted: October 5, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 282277
The Machine Operator / Production Associate is responsible for set up and operation in a production environment. Operate equipment and produce output in a safe and efficient manner according to established specifications and procedures.
Knowledge of Production and Processing
- Responsible for operating the production machinery according to established production needs/requirements while inspecting finished products for quality.
- Responsible for set-up, loading, starting, adjusting process variables, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and properly shutting down process equipment in accordance with published production schedules and product specifications.
- Responsible for assisting inspector/packers and material handling personnel.
- Responsible for following prescribed methods for machine operation insuring the highest level of machine efficiency and product yield.
- Responsible for performing minor maintenance functions on the production equipment, or notifying maintenance, so as to ensure that the process machinery can meet production levels.
- Responsible for notifying the shift supervisor and/or production manager of significant deviations from normal operating conditions.
- Responsible for performing duties in a safe/responsible manner and in accordance with company policy, inclusive of maintaining general work area cleanliness and orderliness.
- Responsible for time management and accurate production reporting.
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor, production manager, and/or the plant manager.
- Operation Monitoring and Control Handling and Moving Objects
- Inspecting Equipment or Material
- Monitor Processes and Materials
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Quality Control Analysis - a plus
- Must follow company policies and practices including, but not limited to, the company’s attendance policy.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English or Spanish or Chinese.
- Must have machine operation experience
- Experience working in a factory environment is preferred.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at Least 18 Years of Age
- Prior Manufacturing Experience is very helpful
- Basic Math Skills and Measuring
- Pass Drug Screening and Background Check