Date Posted: October 20, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 282361
Client in the Visalia/Tulare area is seeking an experienced sales estimator.
The primary function of a Sales Estimator is to analyze, calculate and prepare customer quotations with accuracy and clarity. This is an entry-level hourly position in the Sales Department and will report directly to the Sales Manager.
- To be successful in this position, the applicant should have a good working knowledge of basic math skills; be well versed in Word and Excel and other Microsoft Office products and possess excellent conversational and written skills. A manufacturing background along with the ability to analyze drawings is always helpful.
- Review requests from the various Customer Service Representatives and/or other employees in the Sales Department to be sure that there is clarity and quantity of information to prepare a quotation.
- Using our in-house Customer Management System (CMS) and other available pricing tools, create the quotation for review and approval.
- Download all pertinent information into CMS as necessary. (This will allow our corporate office to see what quotes have been entered)
- Work with our Purchasing Department to obtain the cost on any special-purchased items.
- Be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Perform related tasks at the direction of the immediate supervisor or other management Staff.
- Be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to work at a desk or computer for eight hours minimum. (With breaks and lunch)
- Work a 40-hour week with occasional overtime required.