Date Posted: September 25, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 282442
Summary: The Cost Accountant position is responsible for maintenance of the cost system, manufacturing accounting and analysis, variance reporting, and accurate bill of materials (BOM)/assemblies in a completely integrated MRP environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Primary responsibility for setting up test run and newly commissioned SKUs on the accounting and inventory systems. Daily manufacturing responsibilities including processing work orders and manufacturing analysis.
- Maintenance of the company’s cost accounting system & procedures
- Update and maintain costing system with standard costs, labor rates, and overhead allocations
- Creation of BOM/Routings for parts in ERP, audits to ensure accuracy
- Verification that system cost is complete and accurate
- Review and cost daily work orders
- Audits production reports for proper allocation of raw material & labor inputs into the final finished product.
- Maintain integrity of the inventory system with standard procedures
- Coordinate audits of physical inventory count, including reconciling differences and making financial and inventory adjustments
- Perform ad-hoc inventory adjustments (miscellaneous issues and receipts)
- Interface with company management, production management & staff to learn production methods, equipment, and plant operations and associated costs
- Monitor, record, and analyze margins, cost of sales, and inventory activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting of related financial information
- Provides variance explanations between actual cost and system cost
- Special projects and other duties as necessary