Date Posted: September 26, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 282979
Partner with PrideStaff where we work for you!
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization with branches across the U.S. – each office locally-owned and plugged into the community. We get to know you and proactively advocate on your behalf with leading employers. Our goal is to see you succeed!
We have a Client in Fremont that has an immediate need for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. This is a Temp to Hire position. Great opportunity for someone interested in working for a great company.
SUMMARY: Receives and stocks incoming materials and prepares shipments. Maintains accurate and orderly Stockroom.
What to Expect:
You will be working with other associates in a high velocity warehouse facility to fill customer orders.
- Accept product from a vendor or directly from the client, receive inventory, and log it.
- Put-away product for processing. These processes may be performed at the pallet level, case level or 'each' level.
- Gathering or “picking” orders to prepare for shipment with extreme accuracy.
- Packing orders ready for shipment.
- Loading completed orders into a freight truck to send to our ordering customer
Skills & Qualifications
- Attention to detail
- Computer Savvy – Experience with inventory software
- Working well with a team and individually with minimal supervision
- Education – High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience – 0 to 2 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing
- Reliable transportation to their Fremont facility
WORKING CONDITIONS, MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must possess visual acuity to read labels, spreadsheets, and to maneuver throughout facility
- Must be able to hear and understand verbal instructions
- Must possess capability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to push or pull carts of up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and grasp products
At PrideStaff, we recognize and appreciate our team members’ hard work and enthusiasm! Therefore, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package!
Benefits package as a placed Field Associate include:
- Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
- Dental and Vision Plan Options
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay