Salary: 12.00 / hr.
Date Posted: October 16, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 283022
Hours: Normal 7:00-3:30
Extended Hours 6-3:30 and 7-4:30
Using Hand Router, Band Saw, Chop Saw, and/or Drill Press on wood/resin material to form parts for park benches, trash receptacles, etc for Gov't Parks system
Assembly work of parts
Packing / packaging of parts and assembly
Rates $10-$12 / hr dependent upon experience
Once full hire: benefit, bonus potential
Family / employee friendly environment
Background check required
Must pass math test (adding, subtracting, interpreting measurements used in wood manufacturing)
Job Title: Fabrication Worker
Reports to: Fabrication Lead
Summary: Aid in the fabricating of materials to be used in the making of all Kirby Built product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets up and operates a variety of woodworking machines and uses various hand tools to fabricate product from blueprints or drawing specifications.
- Knowledge of miter saws, table saws, shapers, table routers, hand routers, drill press, circular saw, hand drills
- May apply profiles to specific product
- Trim product by rounding, deburring, filing, chisels or wood files
- Drill product if needed according to blueprint or drawing specification
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50LBS
- General labor such as sweeping, empty garbage, general cleanliness of shop and surrounding work area
- Ability to read a tape measure and general math skills.
- Must wear safety glasses at all times
- Open table set-up for router out custom openings
- Basic trouble shooting skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- (Optional) wear hearing protection on machines exceeding 90 decibels
- (Optional) welding experience
- Team player
Ability to read, analyze and interpret written instruction.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee must wear safety glasses at all times when operating machinery. Employee must use any safety guards and be aware of dangers of using machines and tools in their field.