San Diego, CA
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 283210
Sr. Copywriter - Medical Device - San Diego, CA
One of the top employers in San Diego, a medical device and technology company, is looking for a senior copywriter to join its creative services team. The ideal candidate has experience working in mid- to large-size organizations and collaborating with a variety of different teams. The role is very collaborative yet offers a significant level of autonomy. Writers with equally strong brainstorming ability, strategic marketing acumen, polish and self-starter attitudes are who this team is looking to attract.
- Writes a variety of content across both digital and print, short- and long-form.
- Proofreads other writers’ final content before final execution.
- Collaborates with team members on a variety of creative brainstorming and strategic marketing initiatives.
- Routes projects to a variety of internal stakeholders using enterprise software platform.
- Collaborates in kick-off meetings with product-focused stakeholders and helps define scope and project deliverable.
- Occasionally pitches ideas and final work to creative team managers and/or project requestor.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism or applicable area preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience copywriting either in-house or in an agency environment.
- Both B2B and B2C experience preferred; medical industry or biotech background a plus.
- Strong creative writer and extremely accurate editor.
- Desire to self-manage projects and think outside of the box depending on what the project calls for.
- A self-starter with the curiosity and ability to quickly learn a complex industry and cater their work to different target audiences.
Please submit a cover letter to be considered.