Salary: $16.50 - $20.50
Date Posted: October 5, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 283229
Responsible for Safety, Quality, Housekeeping, 5S, maintaining plate Inv., maintaining records, using the schedule to plan, environmental duties, imputing data in to the MMS system. Responsible for maintain accurate records for plate use, inventory, storage, tracking, making sure the digital database is up to date with the current art files, and required data entry to support these tasks. Responsible for following the schedule, follows, and enforces policy and procedures, drives root cause analysis activities, recommends improvements in production methods, and participates in continuous improvement team activities.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude that reflects the company's commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Continuously improve the process as an individual and as a team member.
- Ensures all environmental standards and requirements are met.
- Maintains all aspects of housekeeping according to plant policies and procedures. LI Provides feedback to the shift lead and supervisor on plates, graphics or production issues.
- Provides support to Production, Quality, and Maintenance to increase machine uptime, productivity, and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the work center.
- Takes all necessary actions to manage production costs and improve profitability.
- Adhere to all GMPs, compliance/regulatory mandates and quality requirements. El Works overtime as required
111 Enforces all plant and department safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly safety requirements BOP's.
- Conduct required quality checks — PDF verification, shipping follow up, communication with plate suppliers, environmental documentation, and MMS schedules.
Li Participate and drive on continuous improvement activities.
- Initiates plate orders when plates are damaged, new customers and communicates to the plant ETA. Uses customer service data (FG's) to gather info.
- Trouble shoots and clarifies discrepancies on plates and PDF requirements. Works with CS and plate supplier.
Stages plates in an efficient manner to sustain manufacturing and to maintain production schedules issued to Manufacturing.
Maintains accurate and timely Data Entry pertaining to plates, PDF's, environmental documents, according to each individual requirement.
Ordering of plates, PDF's, mock ups, and press rom consumables using PO system Decision on when to place orders and spare inventory.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Safety BOP completion and meeting participation
- Production rates /DT caused by plate issues
- % Performance to plan
- Quality (Waste %, Number of complaints, Credits Issued ($), Cost of Quality)
71 2+ years, preferred of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and understand production orders, PDF's, WO's, and quality specifications
- Ability to read and understand measurements (ruler, weight, percentages, basic arithmetic)
- Basic understanding on PC (generate labels, reports)
Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.Competency & Competency Description
Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.Drive for Results - constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything. Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities