New York, NY
Date Posted: September 29, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 283426
Rapidly growing company in the personal care industry seeks an experienced Senior Supply Chain Associate.
The Sr. Supply Chain Associate (based out of NYC) will communicate with retailers, manufacturers, and work closely with CFO in all things related to demand forecasting, supply chain, and day-to-day operations. This position also involves facilitating incoming purchase orders. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of supply chain management, with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience, and have experience in the personal care/retail industry.
Main functions will include but not limited to:
- Strategically plan, manage, and coordinate logistics, warehouse, and transportation
- Ensure up to date SOPs for each stage of the retailer ordering process, including EDI, labeling etc.
- Create a phased consumer demand forecast and a production supply forecast to ensure finished product stock is adequate for the aggregated needs of all distribution channels and direct demand from customers
- Place orders to replenish fulfillment center stock avoiding inefficiencies or excessive surplus i.e. within company stated parameters of weeks of safety stocks.
- Liaise with, manufacturers, fulfillment company and Supply team of retailers
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with EDI, demand forecasting, and standard supply chain procedures
- BA/BS or higher degree
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience in one or more of the industries preferred: retail, beauty or personal care
Very competitive salary + benefits