Salary: $16 to $18/hour (DOE)
Date Posted: October 1, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 283476
An established, growing medical billing company located in Orange is looking for a Medical Payment Poster / AR Specialist that wants to grow with the organization. They need an individual with Primary Care experience. It’s an enjoyable working environment, with lots of perks for the employees! Please, only apply if you are reliable and willing to be part of a great team!
The duties of this position include posting payments, billing and coding, and insurance verification. We’re looking for someone that has a minimum of two years of payment posting experience…and a history of evaluating patient payment explanations. The company will also provide training.
This is a full time temp-to-hire position. The hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM & Friday 8AM to Noon. Once hired by the company, you’ll be eligible for generous benefits. The pay ranges from $16 to $18/hour, based on experience.
Requirements of the Medical Payment Poster position:
- Experience with all major insurance types including, HMO, PPO, Private insurance, Medicare, Medi Cal, and Healthy Families.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently in a high volume environment
- 2 years’ medical payment posting experience, including hospital billing
- Required: EMR and or cloud computing practice management software with various platforms such as E-Clinical, Next Gen, All Scripts, Kareo, etc.
- Preferred: recent work experience with Family Pact, CDP, FQHC, or CHC clinics
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9/10 codes and modifiers
- Efficiency with data entry and 10-key
- Computer skills including MS Word and Excel (50 WPM is desired)
- Strong knowledge of claims, denials, appeals and collection procedures
- Ability to read and understand EOB's
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent time management and people skills…this means getting to work on time as well as completing your work
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service and critical thinking skills
- Must be detailed with high accuracy
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Reliable, show up to work on time and get along with others