St. Louis, MO
Salary: $19.00/hr + (based on experience)
Date Posted: October 1, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 283484
PrideStaff is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to program, set-up and operate CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes for a stable and extremely reputable manufacturer in Kirkwood, MO.
FACILITY: Air conditioned facility!!
HOURS: 2nd Shift
Monday - Thursday
3:20pm - 1:50am
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part program.
- Demonstrated experience with G-Code programming
- Sets-up mills and lathes
- Measure and evaluate parts using precision measuring devices including calipers, micrometers and gauges
- Run and measure to close and exact tolerances
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Complete documentation, records and information as required for each component
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience programming, set-up and operating CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes
- Technical degree may be a substitute for some experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Micrometer and caliper experience required
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand up to 8-12 hours a day
- Must have consistent and reliable means of transportation
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Must provide 2 work references (no personal references please)
Why PrideStaff? At PrideStaff, we work for YOU!! PrideStaff is a national staffing company that has been helping job seekers find meaningful and fulfilling work in their desired field since 1978. With branches and across the U.S., our locally-owned and operated offices are plugged into the community. Our recruiters are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with leading employers.
For information on additional job opportunities, please visit our website: http://www.stlouisstaffingagencies.com