Rockville Centre, NY
Date Posted: October 2, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 283601
Well-established food distributor located near Rockville Centre, NY seeks a Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The successful candidate must have 10+ years of experience in a related role and have a DISTRIBUTION background. This position will have 6-8 direct reports.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the oversight of all financial and accounting functions of the organization including; accounts payable, receivables, and food procurement. In addition, s/he will partner with senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing their team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise finance staff
- A seasoned leader with at least 10 years of broad finance experience, including experience as a CFO or equivalent, in a distribution environment
- A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA a big plus
- Food experience helpful and desired, however not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
Very competitive salary (commensurate with experience) + comprehensive benefits package