Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $10-$11 per hour depending on experience
Date Posted: October 2, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 283616
Legal Assistant – Traffic
Pay is $10-$11 per hour depending on experience.
Pleasant professional working environment located west of downtown Fort Worth.
Long term opportunity.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Process incoming mail and faxes.
- Perform initial review of documents and make notations as required.
- Distribute documents electronically.
- Follow up with the court and clients on documents, including preparing and sending documents.
- Process payments to be sent to the court.
- Set up attorney calendars.
- Help prepare attorney motions and perform data entry.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required including backup for answering phone calls.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Type 40+ words per minute.
- Some office experience. Legal experience is not required but it is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good professional communication skills.
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy a fast paced environment that requires priorities to change constantly.
- Organized and accurate with attention to details for tasks such as proofreading.
- Enjoy solving problems and working in an environment that does not require constant supervision.
- Willing and able to take and pass a drug test.