New Berlin, WI
Salary: $13.00/ hr
Date Posted: April 17, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 283704
A large manufacturer in New Berlin, is looking for several Machine Operators. This is a great opportunity with a company that offers growth, excellent benefits and competitive pay!
General Position Summary:
This position is responsible for operating machines to produce work pieces according to shop order specifications.
Primary Job Functions:
- Confirms sequence of operations by reviewing shop orders to determine job specifications and requirements; and by conferring with senior staff as necessary.
- Operates machine by positioning and securing stops and guides; by selecting, mounting, attaching and adjusting a variety of attachments; by setting and adjusting controls; by positioning work piece against stops manually and operating machine as directed; by performing routine maintenance.
- Maintains work piece quality by observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction; by measuring work piece dimensions with measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation; by fulfilling work order tracking requirements and accurately filling out required paperwork; by cleaning work area(s), machine(s), tooling and parts as necessary.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Prevents rework and waste by focusing on the task at hand; by ensuring tools/machines are ready for production; by checking work as required by standards to ensure specifications are being met; and by taking corrective action as necessary.
- Keeps management informed by reporting problems immediately verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and further problems.
- Complies with established procedures by learning and following all policies and procedures including OSHA and ISO policies to work efficiently and to meet the expectations of the company.
Common Job Functions:
- Contributes to team effort by covering for other staff as need; by assisting in the transition of new staff; by following internal policies and procedures; by communicating business-related information to relevant staff members and management and by maintaining a wok schedule as determined by the company.
- Maintains professional knowledge by maintaining up-to-date job skills; by proactively improving upon current job-related skills; and by learning new job-related skills as necessary.
- Acts on constructive feedback by using feedback from peers and supervisors to improve performance; and by recommending improvements to department and company work policies and processes where appropriate
- Contributes to a safe working environment by reporting any unsafe condition immediately to management; by following company safety guidelines; by wearing necessary safety ear and taking the appropriate precautions against injury; and by properly maintaining equipment as applicable.
Physical Requirements & Working Eniroment:
- Ability to understand company policies and procedures, safety guidelines, and general business documentation, forms and instructions.
- Ability to verbally communicate’
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and mathematics.
- Ability to apply knowledge an understanding to carry-out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate to management as needed.
- High school diploma or G.E.D