Date Posted: October 4, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 283746
Our client has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer for their established manufacturing facility located near Hauppauge, NY.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design and development of optimal engineering solutions for cost-effective lean manufacturing processes. Engaged in research and development for equipment, processes, procedures and systems integration. Perform validation activities as necessary in a manufacturing environment. Recommends improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Supports and may manage manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Some of the Essential Functions Include:
• Performs research, analysis, design and development of lean manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment for new and existing projects
• Assists with process design changes
• Conducts research and upgrades development of equipment design, tooling design and manufacturing procedures and new production technologies and methods
• Performs qualification, optimization, and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and processes
• Conducts root cause analysis and implements solutions and process improvements
• Recommends design changes to tooling/fixtures/production layouts or other changes that result in safety or efficiency improvements
• Utilizes and employs statistical methods to support process improvements and validations
The successful candidate will have 1-2+ years’ experience in a related role + 4-year degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.